Monday, February 8, 2010

9 months!

Well D is 9 months today (3/4 of a year!)... I am starting to feel sad that he is getting farther away from the baby stage, yet excited about all of the new things that he is constantly learning.

About two weeks ago he started pulling up on furniture - three days later he was shakily cruising along. He now does a pretty good job of cruising - sometimes letting go with one hand. He gets himself up and down and always wants to stand.

Declan has been sleeping in his own crib, occasionally he has slept through the whole night (yay!!!!) but most nights he is up at least once, if not twice. I love the pre-bedtime routine. I love BFing and the rocking. I still get my cuddle time, yet he is not in bed with me anymore.

His love for food continues to be amazing - I've lost track of everything that he eats. Right now he loves cottage cheese, cheerios, pears,, and broccoli. He has yet to have juice, cookies, candies, etc. He loved my turkey chili but had some funky bright red poop for DAYS.

He has two front teeth, two bottom, and I can see white buds one on the bottom, two on top. They're sharp!

I have still not recovered from my tear site, and I feel bad for Pat. I feel like D has brought us closer together in so many ways, yet often our relationship takes a back seat to parenting. I need to work on improving that. Maybe someday we'll go out by ourselves... maybe :)

Our plans are moving forward with moving to Switzerland...

No comments: