Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Time Flies!






I can't believe how quickly time goes by - it seems like we're so so busy, yet not at the same time. Declan is 9 1/2 weeks now. He really started smiling alot more around 6ish weeks. Now he smiles all the time! He's always super happy in the mornings. I liked his new doctor - at 2 mo he was 12.8lb (70%) and 23in (43%), although I don't think his length was quite accurate. He's a chunky little guy! He's still playing with bright colored toys - it's amazing how alert his is! He pays attention to everything and loves people. His sleep schedule says that he's going to be an early to bed - he gets fussy about 9-9:30pm, then sleep until 12, 1-4:30, 5-7, 7-9, and sometimes 9-11. He has generally two long stretches at te beginning of the night, and then short 2 hour stretches early in the morning. Although now I generally nurse him laying down so the times seem a little fuzzy to me. I'm also much less concerned with how much he's eating and for how long since he's gaining weight so well.

I work tomorrow from 1-7 - it will be my actual first day back. Again, mixed feelings. I am working a 6 hour shift once a week until the beginning of Sep. so I shouldn't complain. Last night was a trial run - Pat watched Declan for shy of 3 hours and apparently he screamed for most of it. I think he missed his mommy ;)

Wedding planning .... blah. Frustrating. It's hard to plan things when most of the people are unrealistic and uncooperative!

No comments: