Saturday, January 17, 2009

Much Needed Update

1. I got a beautiful sapphire ring for Christmas (well, the 23rd), I couldn't have asked for anything more beautiful (especially because I got to design it!). We left for Florida on Christmas Eve. The weather was beautiful, and so was spending time on the beach! It was strange spending 9 days around Pat's family (without the internet and crappy phone service). His family had a baby shower for me while we were there. It was a nice luncheon with all of his aunts and female cousins. We were also given a very generous check from his grandparents.

2. I had a doctor's appointment on Jan 2 - gained one pound. Cheeto measures well. Next appointment is the glucola on Jan 30.
Jan 10 I saw my stomach moving and kicking for the first time. I'm sure that if I'd been paying attention I would have noticed it sooner. It's so strange yet so much fun to watch. I am feeling much better (minus my pulled ligament), and enjoying being pregnant. I like talking to Cheeto and feeling Cheeto move throughout the day. It's also very cute to watch Pat read Dr Suess to my stomach! We got a camera for Christmas and I need to start posting pictures....

3. I will not be a student this semster. I have struggled with this, lots of tears and sleepless nights. I am relieved that I do not have to worry about the stress, communting/being out of town, and missing the end of being pregnant to get finished. However, I am used to being so busy that I feel almost lost. It also has made finances and health insurance a challenge. In the end I think that this might be a blessing. Pat is busy with starting school (yes I am jealous) and his new TA position.

4. I started looking at baby stuff. Katherine and Brenna are going to have a baby shower in March for me. The amount of stuff is overwhelming! Granted, I know that babies do not need 90% of that stuff lol. I am also struggling with the fact that the roommates are going to be living here. We thought that they would be leaving Dec-Mar, but it looks like they are staying until August. Yes, financially that's good. However, I want to be able to set up a nursery, I want privacy, I want a clean house with just "our" family. If it were up to me, we would move back to OP to be closer to family, however Pat is very against that. He wants to stay here in Lawrence. Which if that happens, it doesn't make sense to move somewhere else. I mean my parents own the place, the rent is decent for the size of house, we wouldn't have to move, we wouldn't have to pay new deposits/utilities.

I need patience, for the past few days everything seems like it's been out of control. Especially for someone who loves and values being in control.

No comments: