Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Birthday, Declan!




I can't even believe that it's been a whole year since we celebrated the birth of our baby. I felt so many emotions today - sadness, nostalgia, pride, excitement. I guess we're in the toddler years now! I almost met my goal of breastfeeding for one year!! And I am celebrating my second Mother's Day tomorrow...


I forgot to update at 11mo, so here is the recap:

D is around 23.5 lb.
He took his first steps April 8, was walking shakily for a week, and then everywhere within two weeks
Can spoon feed himself (messy)
Says all done (ah doe), uh oh, dog (doe), and no
He signs hot, milk, all done - but lately has been lazy
He still loves his books - Where the Wild Things Are and 5 Little Monkeys are his favorites at the moment
Sleeping is still poor - some nights he sleeps through the night, but others he's awake several times or awake for a few hours in the middle of the night

No comments: