Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter Break










Winter break has been (mostly) wonderful! I've loved spending time with Pat and Declan!!! Finals went better than expected - I had 2 A's and Pat had 2 A-'s. I think for both of us it was the best grades we've had!

Poppy died December 17. That was so, so hard. We had lunch with him that day and that afternoon he suffered a massive heart attack. The funeral was the following week. All of the family was in town - which was nice to see everyone (even if I do think that most of them are horribly shallow). Pat's mom watched Declan for most of the funeral so that (thankfully!) we didn't have to deal with him. I just feel so so so bad for Grandma. It kinda breaks my heart.

Christmas was fun - Santa brought my much coveted Ergo! Declan was pretty ambivalent about the entire thing! He got lots of toys, clothes, and money for his college fund. We had a white Christmas this year! We got about a foot of snow... and then a few days later got more... and then got another 5 inches last night. Tonight it's supposed to be -6. We're going stir crazy.

So... that's life for the time being. I'll add the Christmas pictures when I'm on my computer. Tomorrow he'll be 8 months and I'll update his milestones!

No comments: