Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Rather terrible at updating...






I am rather terrible at updating. So sorry. It seems like life is going by slowly, yet in super warp speed! Declan turned 6 weeks on Friday.

June 7 was D's baptism, Kristen was in town so we spent a fair amount of that week with Pat's family. Declan's so lucky that he has such a supportive family (from all sides!). Everyone is always willing to hold and play with him. I am working up the courage to leave him with my mom so that Pat and I can go out sometime.

His daddy has amazed me with his attentiveness and care that he gives to Declan. I am so lucky that he does as much for Declan - I know alot of dads aren't as involved. I know alot of people say that having a child destroys their relationships - well I guess we're lucky because it's made us stronger. We celebrated his first Father's Day - Royals shirts, a shower shaving mirror and IOU to a Royals game.

Tomorrow is my work baby shower, I am excited to see my co-workers. They're a great group of people. I am going back to work next week :( Only for 4 hours though. And then every week I am working 1-2 6 hours shifts. It still makes me sad. It symbolizes me having to go back to the real world. School will be starting in August too. More real world. Luckily I think I have my mom convinced to babysit one day a week for us.

In the meantime I will continue to enjoy Declan :) He's started cooing and smiling. It just melts my heart, it is the most rewarding thing ever - this little person responding to your smile. He's gotten so chunky and has almost outgrown his newborn clothes. My best guess is that he's around 11 or 12 lbs? We don't go back to the doctor until 2 months. Everyone says they grow so fast, and they do.

No comments: